Includes bibliographical references (p. 389-409) and index. The invention of the movies -- The birth of an American industry -- World cinema: the silent era -- The Hollywood studio system in the 1930s and 1940s -- International cinema through World War II -- Postwar challenges to the movies -- World cinema in the 1950s -- The 1960s explosion -- World cinema 1970 to the present -- The new Hollywood. Electronic reproduction.Boulder, Colo. :NetLibrary,2008.Available via World Wide Web.Access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries.
- LCC: PN1993.5
- Dewey Decimal: 791.43/7
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxxv, 441 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books