A Practical Guide to Insulin Pump Therapy for Pregnancy
The statistics are alarming-the incidence of diabetes in the general population and pregnancy in particular is on the rise. As a result, the need for effective treatments to control the blood glucose level in pregnant diabetic women is likely to grow. James Bernasko, OB/GYN, is one of the few physicians in the United States who is board-certified in treating diabetic pregnant women. He relies on his professional experience to provide a practical guide for healthcare practitioners and insulin pump users that illustrates a protocol for insulin pump therapy during pregnancy. With the goal of achieving good blood glucose control to ensure an excellent short- and long-term outcome for both baby and expectant mother, Dr. Bernasko extensively covers a wide array of topics such as: � Components of pre-conception care for diabetic women � Action of insulin during pregnancy � Value of choosing the right insulin pump � Advantages of rapid-acting insulin analogs over regular insulin Employing effective strategies for controlling blood glucose levels before, during, and after pregnancy are essential to diabetic women's care. A Practical Guide to Insulin Pump Therapy for Pregnancy provides valuable information that will minimize complications and enhance a pregnant woman's life.
- Dewey Decimal: 616
- Physical Description: 6.0"x8.9"x0.8"; 0.9 lb; 324 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2010-08-17
- Health, Mind & Body -- Disorders & Diseases -- Diabetes
- Health, Mind & Body -- Personal Health -- Women's Health -- Pregnancy & Childbirth
- Professional & Technical -- Medical -- Medicine -- Internal Medicine
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books