A Pioneer Sampler: The Daily Life of a Pioneer Family in 1840
In an unusual blend of fiction and nonfiction, A Pioneer Sampler chronicles one year in the lives of the imaginary Robinson family. The stories illuminate not only pioneer farm life, but situations-dealing with the school bully, competition between siblings-that occur in any era. Illustrated historical notes enlarge on the social history and describe activities related to the stories, from operating a grist mill and arranging a country store to spinning wool and making butter. Barbara Greenwood and Heather Collins cover an enormous range of subjects, for a complete and involving look at a historical period and a way of life.
- Dewey Decimal: 971.3
- Physical Description: 7.5"x9.9"x0.8"; 1.8 lb
- Edition Info: School & Library Binding; 2001-03
- Children's Books -- Ages 9-12 -- General
- Children's Books -- Ages 9-12 -- General AAS
- Children's Books -- Authors & Illustrators, A-Z -- ( G ) -- Greenwood, Barbara
- Children's Books -- History & Historical Fiction -- Canada
- Children's Books -- History & Historical Fiction -- United States -- 1800s
- Children's Books -- History & Historical Fiction -- General
- Children's Books -- History & Historical Fiction -- General AAS
- Children's Books -- People & Places -- Explore the World -- Canada
- Children's Books -- General
- History -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books