What Happened To The Country Culture Of What Some People Now Call "The Greatest Generation"? These pages cover a century, but focus on the years 1931 to 1966, a time of tumultuous, unprecedented change-social, cultural, and technological. The tale stretches from Depression dollar-a-day wages and the Dow at 75 to prosperity and TV. Throw in three wars. It is the history of a community of uncommon, common people that has seldom been told. They were sometimes flawed and funny, but their courage, traditions, and wisdom made a marked difference in our world. Hessie Starbuck, the heart and soul of a county and small town, listened to their triumphs and sorrows and befriended them-and the doves watched over them all. Hessie had a secret.
- Physical Description: 372 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2007-09-12
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books