A future of good jobs?: America's challenge in the global economy
The outgrowth of a conference sponsored by the Upjohn Institute in Washington, D.C., in June 2007. Includes bibliographical references and index. Introduction and overview / Timothy J. Bartik and Susan N. Houseman -- Are skills the problem?: reforming the education and training system in the United States / Robert I. Lerman -- Revising employers' role in sponsoring and financing health insurance and medical care / Katherine Swartz -- Trade and immigration: implications for the U.S. labor market / Lori G. Kletzer -- Removing barriers to work for older Americans / Katharine G. Abraham and Susan N. Houseman -- Improving job quality: policies aimed at the demand side of the low-wage labor market / Paul Osterman -- Boosting the earnings and employment of low-skilled workers in the United States: making work pay and removing barriers to employment and social mobility / Steven Raphael.
- LCC: HD5724
- Dewey Decimal: 331.10973
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: ix, 327 p. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Business & Investing -- Economics -- Economic Policy & Development
- Business & Investing -- Economics -- Labor & Industrial Relations
- Business & Investing -- Popular Economics -- Labor Policy
- Nonfiction -- Politics -- General
- Nonfiction -- Politics -- General AAS
- Labor market -- United States -- Congresses
- Labor supply -- United States -- Congresses
- Manpower policy -- United States -- Congresses
- Industrial management -- United States -- Congresses
- Occupational training -- United States -- Congresses
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books