A Dictionary of the Ugaritic Language in the Alphabetic Tradition (Handbook of Oriental Studies/Handbuch Der Orientalistik)
Since the mid-twentieth century Ugaritic studies has witnessed an enormous increase of edited texts. Naturally, but scattered in numerous publications, at the same time huge advances have been made in epigraphy, grammatical analysis and lexicography. The current dictionary is an updated and considerably augmented English edition - prepared by W.G.E. Watson - of G. Del Olmo Lete and J. Sanmartin, "Diccionario de la lengua ugaritica. It systematically brings together all insights gained so far, and provides answers to numerous existing lexical problems by applying new techniques of lexicographical analysis, and at the same time drawing from conclusions reached in other branches of Semitic philology. The work is a complete inventory of words (morphemes) and meanings, affixes and proper names of Ugarit as studied so far. With isolexemes, full bibliographical references and translations in context. A true, modern and indispensable key to understanding Ugarit.
- Dewey Decimal: 492.67321
- Physical Description: 6.2"x9.5"x3.0"; 4.7 lb; 1024 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2002-12
- Reference -- Dictionaries & Thesauruses -- English (British)
- Reference -- Dictionaries & Thesauruses -- Foreign Language -- Arabic
- Reference -- Dictionaries & Thesauruses -- General
- Reference -- Dictionaries & Thesauruses -- General AAS
- Reference -- Foreign Languages -- Instruction -- African
- Reference -- Foreign Languages -- General
- Reference -- Foreign Languages -- General AAS
- Reference -- Words & Language -- Linguistics
- Reference -- General
- Reference -- General AAS
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books