On the day after her father's funeral, a respctable, middle-age woman reveals that she is intimately involved with a man who may be her stepbrother. The intricacies of how she has arrived at this moment unravel in this dramatic and searing tale of desire, love, guilt, and moral ambiguity. The secrets surrounding her Dutch mother and her Hungarian-Jewish father, as well as her Jewish ancestors in Budapest and Amsterdam are peeled away to reveal a shameful, cruel enigma at the core. The painful legacy of love and survival in time of war reverberates through the generations in this unflinching yet compassionate narrative.
- Dewey Decimal: 813
- Physical Description: 5.2"x8.4"x0.5"; 0.3 lb; 128 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2008-04-01
- Literature & Fiction -- Genre Fiction -- Historical
- Literature & Fiction -- World Literature -- Dutch
- Literature & Fiction -- Contemporary
- Literature & Fiction -- Literary
- Literature & Fiction -- General -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books