Walking is one of Britain�s favorite leisure activities, and these guides feature a variety of mapped walks to suit all abilities. The books feature all the practical detail you need on 50 walks of 3?8 miles, accompanied by fascinating background reading on the history and wildlife of the area, as well as other local points of interest. All walks are annotated with places to visit along the way, including tea rooms and pubs, with extra details on their character and the food on offer. Full-color maps include information on the route linked to clear route directions. Every walk is given a summary of distance, time, gradient, level of difficulty, type of surface and access, landscape, dog friendliness, parking, and public toilets.
- Dewey Decimal: 914.2710486
- Physical Description: 4.7"x8.5"x0.4"; 0.4 lb; 144 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2008-02-28
- Outdoors & Nature -- Hiking & Camping -- Excursion Guides -- General
- Outdoors & Nature -- Hiking & Camping -- Walking
- Travel -- Europe -- Great Britain -- General
- Travel -- Europe -- General
- Travel -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books