500 Enameled Objects: A Celebration of Color on Metal (500 Series)
The classic art of enameling is experiencing a well-deserved renaissance�and it�s stunningly captured in this lovingly curated survey. More than 300 international contemporary artists have contributed museum-worthy pieces, which range in scale from David C. Freda�s Green Slipper Brooch and Harlan W. Butt�s Maine Teapot to large sculptures and public art. Some of the creators take a minimalist approach, using only soft colors and matte finishes, while others exploit the material�s vibrant palette and glass-like surface. The broad technical applications include everything from simple sifting and torch firing to complex cloisonn� and plique-�-jour.
- Dewey Decimal: 745
- Physical Description: 420 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2009-04-07
- Home & Garden -- Crafts & Hobbies -- Glass & Glassware
- Home & Garden -- Crafts & Hobbies -- Jewelry
- Home & Garden -- Crafts & Hobbies -- Metal Work
- Home & Garden -- Crafts & Hobbies -- General
- Home & Garden -- Crafts & Hobbies -- General AAS
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books