350 Tested Strategies To Prevent Crime. A Resource for Municipal Agencies and Community Groups
In the past few years, there has been a groundswell of community partnerships to prevent crime and drug abuse. This compilation presents prevention strategies, rather than programs, to help communities focus on adapting and tailoring program ideas and crime prevention techniques to local needs and circumstances. The strategies described are real-life approaches rather than textbook theories. Each strategy is illustrated with program examples. The 350 strategies are grouped into the following categories: (1) public education; (2) community mobilization; (3) youth programs and dropout prevention; (4) law-enforcement and community links; (5) safe and attractive public places in cities and in schools; (6) economic development; (7) violence; (8) drugs; (9) bias crimes; and (10) property crime. Chapters highlight key components, partnerships, and obstacles for each strategy. A reference bibliography concludes each chapter, and a resource guide provides information on 109 groups with resources and program examples. (SLD)
Sponsoring Agency: Department of Justice, Washington, DC. Bureau of Justice Assistance.ericd Contract Number: 94-DD-CX-K004.ericd Access rights: Yes.ericd Microfiche.[Washington D.C.]:ERIC Clearinghousemicrofiches : positive.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 394 p.
- Crime prevention -- Citizen participation -- United States -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Community organization -- United States -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Community Programs
- Crime prevention
- Drug abuse
- Partnerships in Education
- Program Descriptions
- Public Education
- Social Bias
- Urban Problems
- Youth Programs
- Strategy Choice
- Reference Materials, Directories/Catalogs
- Reports, Descriptive
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books