25 Strategies for Guiding Readers through Informational Texts
This hands-on manual explains how to introduce K�12 students to strategies for navigating and comprehending nonfiction texts. Teachers learn easy-to-implement activities that help students find high-interest nonfiction texts; identify and study unfamiliar words and concepts; understand information and think critically; and use writing to evaluate and respond. Sample worksheets help students practice the comprehension strategies of inferring, synthesizing, visualizing, questioning, and summarizing. The book�s utility is enhanced by step-by-step directions and examples.
- Dewey Decimal: 302
- Physical Description: 8.4"x10.8"x0.2"; 0.6 lb; 96 pages
- Edition Info: Spiral-bound; 2003-01-01
- Literature & Fiction -- Books & Reading -- Literacy
- Nonfiction -- Education -- Elementary School -- General
- Nonfiction -- Education -- High School
- Nonfiction -- Education -- Reading
- Professional & Technical -- Education -- By Level -- High School
- Reference -- Words & Language -- Literacy
- Reference -- Words & Language -- Reading Skills
- Reference -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books