20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Collector's Library)
Science and adventure are electrifying accomplices in Jules Verne's classic 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. This epic and enduring tale anticipates not just wonders such as electric light and submarine navigation, but the obsession with technology and travel that today so shapes our lives. It is Verne's inspired foresight, combined with his extraordinary talent for storytelling, that continue to make this novel such a compelling read. The excitement this adventure caused around the world when it was first published 150 years ago can still be very easily imagined indeed in the twenty-first century. This modern translation by F. P. Walter restores the cuts and omits the bowdlerization made in the original English version.
- Dewey Decimal: 843.8
- Physical Description: 3.9"x5.9"x1.1"; 0.7 lb; 536 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2011-03-01
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books