This book examines 200 contractual problems which regularly arise on building and engineering projects and provides a detailed explanation of their solutions, citing standard contract conditions and key parts of legal judgements as authority. A succinct summary is provided at the end of each detailed solution.It covers problems together with their solutions in respect of:Procurement mattersTenders and biddingDesign issuesLetters of intentContractor's programmeContractor's floatDelaysConcurrent DelaysExtensions of timeLiquidated/delay damagesUnliquidated damagesVariationsLoss and expense/additional cost claimsAccelerationGlobal claimsPaymentDamage to the worksExclusion clausesRetention of titlePractical completionDefect correctionAdjudicationThis book deals with a broad range of construction contracts including JCT Standard Form and Design and Build, New Engineering Contract NEC3, ICE and GC/Works/1.This book was first published under the title of One Hundred Contractual Problems and Their Solutions, with a second edition entitled One Hundred and Fifty Contractual Problems and their Solutions. This third edition adds 50 new problems and replaces 15 of those in the last edition. Of the remainder half have been the subject of revision."Deserves a place on every site and in every office as the standard handbook on contractual problems"�Construction Law Digest
- Dewey Decimal: 343
- Physical Description: 7.1"x9.7"x1.3"; 2.4 lb; 480 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2012-03-20
- Law -- Administrative Law
- Law -- Business -- Construction
- Law -- Business -- Contracts
- Education & Reference
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books