Dr. Smalley's exhaustive commentary on the Greek text of the letters of John argues that they, together with the Fourth Gospel, record and reflect the spiritual history of the Johannine community itself. These letters contain theological, ethical and practical truths that are fundamental to the Christian position in every age: that Jesus is one with God as well as one with us; that love and righteousness are indispensable to the believer who seeks as a child of God to walk in the light; and that unity, however flexible, is a demand laid upon the whole Church at all times. This revision of the author's original 1984 commentary is a complete update. Dr. Smalley has revised the text, references, and bibliography to reflect advances in Johannine scholarship.
- Dewey Decimal: 225
- Physical Description: 350 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2009-01-20
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books