1815, The Waterloo Campaign: The German Victory : From Waterloo to the Fall of Napoleon
25 illustrations, 25 maps 6 x 9 Demonstrates the decisive German contribution to victory at Waterloo Unpublished German eyewitness accounts and regimental reports Covers the battles of Waterloo, Wavre and the taking of Paris Peter Hofschrer, in this second volume of his masterly study of 1815, challenges the accepted version of events at the battle of Waterloo. He demonstrtaes convincingly that Allied victory was due not to steadfast British infantry repelling the French, but to the timely arrival of Prussian troops who stole victory from Napoleon and sealed the fate of the last Grande Arme. Drawing on previously unpublished accounts, Hofschrer gives not only the Prussian perspective of their march to Waterloo and decisive attack on Napoleons flank, but also details of the actions fought by some of the 25,000 Germans in Wellingtons British armymore than a third of the Dukes force. A gripping narrative of astonishing detail captures such key episodes of Waterloo as La Haye Sainte, Papelotte, Hougoumont and the Prussian struggle with the Imperial Guard for Plancenoit. In addition, Hofschrer examines the battle at Wavre, the Allied offensive into France, the taking of Paris and the sieges across northern France. 1815: The Waterloo CampaignThe German Victory is a definitive work on an epic confrontation by one of todays leading military writers.
- Physical Description: 6.4"x9.5"x1.4"; 384 pages; 1.6 lb
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 1999-10-01
- Amazon.com -- History -- Europe -- Belgium
- Amazon.com -- History -- Military -- General
- Amazon.com -- History -- Europe -- Germany -- General
- Amazon.com -- History -- Military -- Napoleonic Wars -- General
- Amazon.com -- History -- Military -- Napoleonic Wars -- Napoleon
- Amazon.com -- History -- Military -- Napoleonic Wars -- Waterloo
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books