1089 and All That: A Journey into Mathematics (Acs Symposium Series)
This books aims to make mathematics accessible to non-experts and the lay reader. Providing an entertaining overview of the subject, the text includes several fascinating mathematical conundrums. The author's writing ability is second to none and Acheson provides a clear, unpatronising explanation of mathematics. The book contains several cartoons, sketches and photos making it entertaining and compulsive reading.
- Dewey Decimal: 511
- Physical Description: 208 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2004-11
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books