Includes bibliographical references and index. In the shadow of Wittgenstein's lion : language, ethics, and the question of the animal / Cary Wolfe -- From extinction to electronics : dead frogs, live dinosaurs, and electric sheep / Ursula K. Heise -- Language, power, and the training of horses / Paul Patton -- From Protista to DNA (and back again) : Freud's psychoanalysis of the single-celled organism / Judith Roof -- And say the animal responded? / Jacques Derrida -- Sloughing the human / Steve Baker -- Animal body, inhuman face / Alphonso Lingis -- At a slaughterhouse, some things never die / Charlie LeDuff.
- LCC: B105
- Dewey Decimal: 179/.3
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxiii, 203 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (hbk. : alk. paper)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books