"This collection of 13 essays discuss the adaptation of Zola's works within the limitations of the silent cinema; the challenges posed by film censorship and the notoriety of the author's naturalist text; the ideological inflection given to Zola's working class narratives; and Zola's representation of women"--Provided by publisher.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 205 ) and index. Filmography: p. 207-209.
- LCC: PQ2538
- Dewey Decimal: 791.43/6
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: viii, 221 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (softcover : alk. paper)
- Zola, Emile,1840-1902 -- Film and video adaptations
- Motion pictures and literature -- France
- Zola, ?Emile,1840-1902 -- Film and video adaptations
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books