Includes bibliographical references and index. Introduction : the relevance of corpora to German studies / Bill Dodd -- Corpus analysis in the service of literary criticism : Goethe's Die Wahlverwandtschaften as a model case / Gordon J.A. Burgess -- When Ost meets West : a corpus-study of binomial and other expressions before and during German unification / Bill Dodd -- German be- verbs revisited : using corpus evidence to investigate valency / Piklu Gupta -- A corpus-based study of German accusative/dative propositions / Randall L. Jones -- Translators at play : exploitations of collocational norms in German-English translation / Dorothy Kenny -- "Die schöne Geschichte" : a corpus-based analysis of Thomas Mann's Joseph und seine Brüder / Ann Lawson -- Towards a corpus-based comparison of two journals in the field of business and management German / April Mackison -- The ASTCOVEA German Grammar in conText Project / Peter Roe -- An electric corpus of Early New High German / Jonathan West -- Rights and obligations in legal contracts : corpus evidence / Anne Wichmann and Jane Nielsen -- Inflected and periphrastic subjunctive verb forms in German newspaper texts of the 1960s and 1990s / Nic Witton. Internet access restricted to authorized users for teaching and research purposes. Electronic reproduction.Palo Alto, Calif. :ebrary,2008.Available via World Wide Web.Access may be limited to ebrary affiliated libraries.
- LCC: PF3074.5
- Dewey Decimal: 438.00285
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxvii, 299 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Computers & Internet -- Programming -- Introductory & Beginning -- Computer Dictionaries
- Reference -- Dictionaries & Thesauruses -- Foreign Language -- German
- Reference -- Encyclopedias -- Art
- Reference -- Foreign Languages -- Instruction -- General
- Reference -- Foreign Languages -- Instruction -- General AAS
- Reference -- Foreign Languages -- General
- Reference -- Foreign Languages -- General AAS
- Reference -- Words & Language -- Linguistics
- Reference -- Words & Language -- Study & Teaching
- Reference -- General
- Reference -- General AAS
- German language -- Data processing
- Corpora (Linguistics)
- Computational linguistics
- Electronic books
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books