WiMAX Network Planning and Optimization (Wireless Networks and Mobile Communications)
This book offers a comprehensive explanation on how to dimension, plan, and optimize WiMAX networks. The first part of the text introduces WiMAX networks architecture, physical layer, standard, protocols, security mechanisms, and highly related radio access technologies. It covers system framework, topology, capacity, mobility management, handoff management, congestion control, medium access control (MAC), scheduling, Quality of Service (QoS), and WiMAX mesh networks and security. Enabling easy understanding of key concepts and technologies, the second part presents practical examples and illustrative figures to explain planning techniques and optimization algorithms. The author provides both theoretical and practical information to ensure in-depth, realistic results.
- Dewey Decimal: 621
- Physical Description: 320 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2009-02-16
- Computers & Internet -- Networking -- Wireless Networks
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Electrical & Electronics -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Electrical & Electronics -- Electricity Principles
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Electrical & Electronics -- Electronics -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Telecommunications -- General
- Science -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books