Where Have All the Flowers Gone: A Singalong Memoir
An autobiography in words and songs by one of the most influential figures in American music. Originally published in 1993, this is the essential book by and about Pete Seeger for those who admire him and love his music. From the 1940s when he began playing with Woody Guthrie and Lead Belly, through his fifty years of activism, Seeger has always held the belief that everyone should be able to participate in making music, and this musical memoir is the perfect place to start. This revised and expanded volume�including a CD with examples from 267 songs�shares the personal stories and historical context surrounding some of Seeger�s most familiar and beloved tunes. Commenting on everything from songwriting to social activism, this autobiographical songbook includes lyrics, music, and chords to more than 300 songs, plus personal observations, anecdotes, and more than 100 photos and drawings. 100+ illustrations; 300+ musical selections.
- Dewey Decimal: 782.42162130092
- Physical Description: 8.5"x10.7"x1.0"; 1.9 lb; 320 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2009-11-23
- Biographies & Memoirs -- Arts & Literature -- Composers & Musicians -- General
- Biographies & Memoirs -- Memoirs
- Biographies & Memoirs -- Specific Groups -- General
- Biographies & Memoirs -- General
- Entertainment -- Music -- Musical Genres -- Bluegrass
- Entertainment -- Music -- Musical Genres -- Country
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books