Welfare and human nature: the human subject in twentieth-century social politics
Includes bibliographical references (p. 185-195) and index. 1. Introduction -- Pt. I. Mainstream Traditions in Social Policy. 2. Social Democracy and Human Nature. 3. Equality and Difference in the Postwar Years. 4. Human Nature and the Right -- Pt. II. Critical Perspectives on Human Nature. 5. Marx and Human Nature. 6. Marxism, Human Nature and Need. 7. Feminism, the Politics of Recognition and Social Policy. 8. Conclusion.
- LCC: HN28
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: viii, 210 p. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (St. Martin's : cloth)
- Social policy -- Philosophy
- Public welfare -- Philosophy
- Human behavior -- Philosophy
- Political psychology
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books