War, conflict and human rights: theory and practice
Formerly CIP.Uk. Includes bibliographical references and index. Pt. I. War and human rights: critical issues -- 1. The interplay between war and human rights -- 2. Conflict: fundamentals and debates -- 3. Human rights: history and debates -- 4. Humanitarian and human rights law in armed conflict -- Pt. II. Contemporary conflict: critical cases -- 5. The former Yugoslavia -- 6. Sierra Leone -- 7. The Democratic Republic of Congo -- 8. Sudan -- 9. The "global war on terror" -- Pt. III. Building peace and seeking accountability: recent mechanisms and institutions -- 10. Ad hoc tribunals -- 11. Enforcing human rights transnationally -- 12. Hybrid tribunals -- 13. The International Criminal Court -- 14. Enduring and emergent challenges and opportunities.
- LCC: JZ6385
- Dewey Decimal: 341.67
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiv, 252 p. : maps ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)£22.99
- History -- Military Science
- Law -- International Law -- General
- Law -- General
- Nonfiction -- Current Events -- Civil Rights & Liberties
- Nonfiction -- Philosophy -- General
- Nonfiction -- Politics -- Freedom & Security -- International Security
- Nonfiction -- Politics -- Human Rights
- Nonfiction -- Politics -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Law -- International Law
- Human rights
- War -- Case studies
- Human rights -- Case studies
- Peace-building -- Case studies
- Conflict management
- Humanitarian intervention
- War -- Prevention
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books