Includes bibliographical references (p. 389-393) and index. Vienna around 1900: the duration of denial -- Art and design : Jugendstil and symbolism -- The secession -- Ver sacrum -- Graphic art and book design -- Gustav Klimt -- The Klimt group -- Richard Gerstl -- Oskar Kokoschka -- Egon Schiele -- The Wiener Werkstätte -- Furniture -- Fashion and society : the artist-designed dress -- Photography -- Architecture: Otto Wagner -- The Wagner school -- Joseph Maria Olbrich -- Josef Hoffmann -- Adolf Loos -- Civilization and society: Theater and cabaret -- A "romanticism of the nerves" : the literary fin de siècle -- The coffeehouse : a hub of literary activity -- Music -- Philosophy and science -- The secret of dreams : on the development of psychoanalysis.
- LCC: NX548
- Dewey Decimal: 700.9436/13
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 399 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Arts, Austrian -- Austria -- Vienna -- 19th century
- Arts, Austrian -- Austria -- Vienna -- 20th century
- Vienna (Austria) -- Civilization -- 19th century
- Vienna (Austria) -- Civilization -- 20th century
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books