Using the creative arts in therapy and healthcare: a practical introduction
Rev. ed. of: Using the creative arts in therapy / edited by Bernie Warren. 2nd ed. 1993. Includes bibliographical references and indexes. Looking backwards, looking forwards : a preface and introduction to using the creative arts in therapy and healthcare / Bernie Warren -- Guidelines, preparations, and practical hints : a brief checklist for workshop leaders / Bernie Warren -- Don't forget to breathe and smile : breathing exercises as warm-ups for art activities in healthcare settings / Bernie Warren -- Folklore and ritual as a basis for creative therapy / Rob Watling and Veronica James -- Using the visual arts to expand personal creativity / Roberta Nadeau -- Dance : developing self-image and self-expression through movement / Bernie Warren and Richard Coaten -- Expanding human potential through music / Keith Yon -- Drama : using the imagination as a stepping-stone for personal growth / Bernie Warren -- Storymaking and storytelling : weaving the fabric that creates our lives / Cheryl Neill -- Creating community : ensemble performance using masks, puppets, and theatre / Wende Welch -- Arts for children in hospitals : helping to put the "art" back in medicine / Judy Rollins -- Friends arts in healthcare programs at the University of Alberta hospital : fostering a healing environment / Susan Pointe and Shirley Serviss -- Healing laughter : the role and benefits of clown-doctors working in hospitals and healthcare / Bernie Warren -- Songlines : developing innovative arts programs for use with children who are visually impaired or brain injured / Magdalena Schamberger -- Laughter Boss : introducing a new position in aged care / Peter Spitzer.
- LCC: RM931
- Dewey Decimal: 616.89/1656
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xii, 271 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (hardback)
- Health, Mind & Body -- Mental Health -- General
- Health, Mind & Body -- Mental Health -- General AAS
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- Clinical Psychology
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- Psychotherapy, TA & NLP
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- General
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- General AAS
- Medicine -- General
- Medicine -- General AAS
- Arts -- Therapeutic use
- Movement therapy
- Creation (Literary, artistic, etc.) -- Therapeutic use
- Sensory Art Therapies
- Laughter Therapy
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books