Twentieth century music and the question of modernity
Description based on print version record. Includes bibliographical references and index. Modernity, modernism and music -- Myth and narrative in twentieth century musical culture -- The structure of musical revolutions -- Music in Max Weber's Sociology of modernity -- Modernity in Theodor Adorno's Philosophy of modern music -- Music in modern theories of communication -- Arnold Schoenberg : the composer as prophet -- Igor Stravinsky : the composer as priest -- Pierre Boulez : the composer as ascetic -- John Cage : the composer as mystic -- From avant-gardism to post-modernism -- Musical re-enchantment? Internet access restricted to authorized users for teaching and research purposes Electronic reproduction.Palo Alto, Calif.Available via World Wide Web.
- LCC: ML197
- Dewey Decimal: 780.9/04
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 1 online resource.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)
- Modernism (Music)
- Music -- 20th century -- History and criticism
- Music -- 20th century -- Philosophy and aesthetics
- Music -- 20th century -- Social aspects
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books