"The Western eye continues to be captivated by the powerful message of the African statue, the mystery of the carvings of Oceania, and the implicit aggression of the Toraya statue." "The book presents the best examples of these arts (mostly from the prestigious Barbier-Muller collection in Switzerland), and is an invitation to discover their beauty in all its forms, whether in a Nok head from Nigeria, a Batak horseman from northern Sumatra, or a drum from New Guinea."--BOOK JACKET.
- LCC: N5311
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 399 p. : ill. (some col.), maps ; 22 cm.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books