Malaysian teenager Mat makes a life-changing move from the quiet kampung where he was born to Ipoh, the rapidly industrializing nearby town. Living far from his rural roots at a boarding school, he discovers bustling streets, modern music, heady literature, budding romance, and through it all his growing passion for art. The companion novel to the critically acclaimed Kampung Boy, Town Boy offers more of Lat's delicious storytelling and enchanting pen-and-ink artwork. At once exotic and familiar, his cartoon world builds a bridge for readers into another world, another culture, and another time.
- Dewey Decimal: 741.59595
- Physical Description: 6.0"x8.3"x0.7"; 1.0 lb; 192 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2007-10-02
- Children's Books -- Literature -- Science Fiction, Fantasy, Mystery & Horror -- Comics & Graphic Novels
- Children's Books -- Literature -- General
- Children's Books -- People & Places -- Explore the World -- Asia
- Children's Books -- People & Places -- Explore the World -- Fiction -- Asia
- Children's Books -- Ages 9-12 -- General
- Children's Books -- Issues -- General
- Comics & Graphic Novels -- Comic Strips -- General
- Comics & Graphic Novels -- General
- Comics & Graphic Novels -- Graphic Novels -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books