Toward a More Livable World: The Social Dimensions of Sustainability
This century of growth has been fed by equally unprecedented material resource consumption and associated negative environmental impacts. This book offers both a vision and a path to a sustainable future while maintaining a livable world. Sustainability is a human concern, and sustainable development cannot occur without human development. This collection of essays introduces the human dimension into the sustainability debate by applying what we call the golden rule of sustainability: �Do unto future generations as you would have had previous ones do unto yours.� Guided by this ethical imperative and by harnessing the power of science in both the physical and human worlds, we have can remake national and global institutions in ways that offer real hope for future generations.
- Dewey Decimal: 330
- Physical Description: 5.5"x8.4"x0.7"; 0.6 lb; 220 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2012-07-23
- Business & Investing -- Economics -- Urban & Regional
- Crafts, Hobbies & Home -- Sustainable Living
- Politics & Social Sciences -- Social Sciences -- Human Geography
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books