To understand the world, to save the world: the interface between missiology and the social sciences
"Christian missionaries often head out to the field with a single assessment of the human condition: Humans are fallen, sinful creatures in need of salvation. The reality of working in the field, however, challenges this theological assumption. In this book Charles R. Taber offers an overview of the interface between missiology and the social sciences, such as anthropology and sociology. While the relationship between the two disciplines has often been superficial and uncritical, they have much to offer one another. Taber's book explores the possibilities and the limits of the conversation between these two fields."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 139-146).
- LCC: BV2063
- Dewey Decimal: 266/.001
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiii, 146 p. ; 19 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books