Time before history: the archaeology of North Carolina
Includes bibliographical references (p. -298) and index. Introduction --- The Paleo-Indian: an elusive quarry -- The archaic period: a time of regionalization and specialization -- The Woodland period in the Piedmont -- The Woodland and Mississippian periods in the Appalachian Summit region: the search for Cherokee roots -- The Woodland period on the coast and Coastal Plain -- The contact period: tribes, traders, and turmoil.
- LCC: E78
- Dewey Decimal: 975.6/01
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiv, 312 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Indians of North America
- Paleo-Indians -- North Carolina
- Indians of North America -- North Carolina -- Antiquities
- Indians of North America -- North Carolina -- History
- Excavations (Archaeology) -- North Carolina -- History
- North Carolina
- North Carolina -- Antiquities
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books