Originally published in hardback: New York : Doubleday, 2004. With a new afterword. Includes bibliographical references. The wisdom of crowds -- The difference difference makes : waggle dances, the Bay of Pigs, and the value of diversity -- Monkey see, monkey do : imitation, information cascades, and independence -- Putting the pieces together : the CIA, Linux, and the art of decentralization -- Shall we dance? : coordination in a complex world -- Society does exist : taxes, tipping, television, and trust -- Traffic : what we have here is a failure to coordinate -- Science : collaboration, competition, and reputation -- Committees, juries, and teams : the Columbia disaster and how small groups can be made to work -- The company : meet the new boss, same as the old boss? -- Markets : beauty contests, bowling alleys, and stock prices -- Democracy : dreams of the common good -- Afterword to Anchor Books edition.
- LCC: JC328.2
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxi, 306 p. ; 21 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.) :$14.00
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books