On June 22nd 1941 three huge German Army Groups launched a surprise attack on Soviet Russia. The most barbaric and brutal struggle in history was about to be played out to the death. History is always written by the victors, but this is the other side of the coin. Here is the German experience of the war in Russia, a powerful study of that titanic conflict as seen through the eyes of and told in the words of the men who fought and died for Hitler. Included in this volume are extensive extracts from post-war debriefings of captured German officers concerning the experience of combat on the ground. Also featured are detailed accounts of the attempts to extricate surrounded German forces from the pockets of Klin, Velikiye Luki, Cherkassy and Kamenets-Podolskiy. Richly illustrated with dozens of photographs and maps, this unique account of the war in the east produces a comprehensive picture of the most titanic campaign in military history from the tactical, operational and strategic view. Written by Emmy award winning author Bob Carruthers, this is the definitive single volume history of the Wehrmacht on campaign.
- Physical Description: 6.0"x8.9"x0.8"; 0.8 lb; 252 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2011-03-25
Buying This Book
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books