The way of the cell: molecules, organisms, and the order of life
Includes bibliographical references (p. -288)and index. 1. Schrodinger's Riddle -- 2. The Quality of Life -- 3. Cells in Nature and in Theory -- 4. Molecular Logic -- 5. A (almost) Comprehensible Cell -- 6. It Takes a Cell To Make a Cell -- 7. Morphogenesis: Where Form and Function Meet -- 8. The Advance of the Microbes -- 9. By Descent with Modification -- 10. So What is Life? -- 11. Searching for the Beginning.
- LCC: QH582.4
- Dewey Decimal: 571.6
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiv, 305 p. ; 24 cm.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books