The Way of Alexander The Great (Adventures in History)
Throughout the centuries Alexander the Great has fascinated all manner of men all over the world. Handsome, youthful, he conquered the entire known world, then suddenly died at the age of thirty-two. Alexander the Great is an extraordinary book that in one volume pulls together the scattered images of Alexander and his life, and presents them will all the color and drama characteristic of his time. From Macedonia, to Greece, to modern Turkey, through Palestine and Egypt all who stood in his way were conquered. Then, turning east he set his sights on defeating the greatest empire of the time: Persia. His success was breathtaking. How he managed it, how he conducted himself, and what it all led to are questions that challenge and worry men today as we view our own divided world.
- Dewey Decimal: 938.07092
- Physical Description: 5.0"x8.2"x0.5"; 0.1 lb; 144 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2004-10-05
- Biographies & Memoirs -- Historical -- General
- Biographies & Memoirs -- People, A-Z -- ( A ) -- Alexander the Great
- History -- Ancient -- Greece
- History -- Europe -- General
- History -- World -- General
- Literature & Fiction -- Genre Fiction -- War
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books