"Are there really laws of nature out there, waiting to be discovered? Or are they an illusion? A retitled and revised edition of The World Within the World, this is John Barrow's extraordinary study of how we view the universe. Covering the magical notions of primitive cultures to the latest ideas about chaos, black holes, inflation, and superstrings, the book traces the development of our concept of what the laws of nature are and how we come to know them."--BOOK JACKET.
Rev. ed. of: The world within the world. Oxford : Oxford University Press, 1988. Includes bibliographical references (p. -439) and index.
- LCC: QC24.5
- Dewey Decimal: 500.2
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xvi, 448 p. : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- Physics -- Popular works
- Science -- Popular works
- Science -- Philosophy -- Popular works
- Cosmology -- Popular works
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books