The Ultimate Golf Book: A History and a Celebration of the World's Greatest Game
In this golfer's ultimate delight, Charles McGrath and David McCormick have compiled a unique combination of golf history and original essays by some of golf's greatest (and best-selling) writers and enthusiasts. Anchoring the book is a colorful, loose-limbed history of the sport by the Sports Illustrated senior writer John Garrity. He travels the globe and the links, covering the key personalities and golfing events, advances in technique and technology, the expanding interest in the sport, and the curious mysteries of this international obsession. Complementing the narrative are wonderfully diverse and entertaining essays on everything from the Age of Tiger to the woes of the lowly club pro, the charms of playing in the dead of winter, and even giving up the game altogether. With its mix of unsurpassed literary writing and superb history, this armchair companion is a must-have for any serious student of the game--truly The Ultimate Golf Book.
- Dewey Decimal: 796.352
- Physical Description: 5.9"x8.9"x0.7"; 0.7 lb; 240 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2006-04-26
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books