The transformation of the Japanese left: from old socialists to new democrats
Includes bibliographical references and index. 1. The changes in Japanese voting behaviour and attitudes towards politics, 1980-2000 -- 2. From old socialists to new democrats: two decades in the life of the Japanese left -- 3. The Constitution and its importance to the decline of the Japan Socialist Party and the unity of the Democratic Party of Japan -- 4. Rengo and the changes in the Japanese left -- 5. Electoral system reforms and their impact on the Japan Socialist Party and the Democratic Party of Japan -- 6. The decline of the Japan Socialist Party and the emergence of the Democratic Party of Japan in Okayama Prefecture: a case study -- Appendix I. interview schedule -- Appendix II. Japanese Party change 1990-2008.
- LCC: JQ1698
- Dewey Decimal: 324.2520709
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xviii, 204 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (ebk.)No price
- Nihon Shakait? (1945- )
- Minshut? (1998- )
- Political parties -- Japan
- Opposition (Political science) -- Japan
- Japan -- Politics and government -- 1989
- Socialist parties -- Japan -- History
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books