The Talent Masters: Why Smart Leaders Put People Before Numbers
If talent is the leading indicator of whether a business is up or down, a success or a failure (and it is) . . . do you know how to accurately judge raw human talent? Understand a person's unique combination of traits? Develop that talent? Convert what supposedly are "soft" subjective judgments about people into objective criteria that are as specific, verifiable, and concrete as the contents of a financial statement? The talent masters do. They put people before numbers for the simple reason that it is talent that delivers the numbers. Success comes from those who are able to extract meaning from events and the forces affecting a business, and are able to look at the world and assess the risks to take and the risks to avoid. The Talent Masters itself stems from a unique combination of talent: During a forty-year career at General Electric, Bill Conaty worked closely with CEOs Jack Welch and Jeff Immelt to build that company's worldrenowned talent machine. Ram Charan is the legendary advisor to companies around the world. Together they use their unparalleled experience and insight to write the definitive book on talenta breakthrough in how to take a business to the next level: Secrets of the masters. The specifics on how companies regarded as world-classGE, P&G, Hindustan Unilever (and others)base their stellar performance decade after decade on their systems for finding and nurturing leadership talent. Intimate and systemic. Why deep knowledge and intimacy with your talent and a systemic rhythm of reviews are the foundation for creating a steady, selfrenewing stream of leaders for all levels of an organizationfrom first-line supervisors to the CEO. The competency that lasts. Financial results, market share, brand, and legacy products all have a half-life that seems to grow shorter by the year. Talent is the only competency that endures. What to do Monday morning. The Talent Masters tool kit provides the specific guidelines for assessing and improving your companys talent mastery capabilities.
- Dewey Decimal: 658.4092
- Physical Description: 5.8"x9.3"x1.5"; 1.4 lb; 336 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2010-11-09
- Business & Investing -- Biography & History -- Company Profiles
- Business & Investing -- Management & Leadership -- Strategy & Competition
- Business & Investing -- Organizational Behavior -- Workplace
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books