Includes index. Bibliography: p. -332. Prologue -- Wholes and parts -- Conflict and compromise -- The self -- Individuality -- Insight and introspection -- Problems and goals -- A theory of memory -- Summaries -- Papert's principle -- The shape of space -- Learning meaning -- Seeing and believing -- Reformulation -- Consciousness and memory -- Emotion -- Development -- Reasoning -- Words and ideas -- Context and ambiguity -- Trans-frames -- Expression -- Comparisons -- Frames -- Frame-arrays -- Language-frames -- Censors and jokes -- The mind and the world -- The realms of thought -- Mental models.
- LCC: BF431
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 339 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books