The site of our lives: the self and the subject from Emerson to Foucalt
Includes bibliographical references (p. 383-385). Introduction: Heavy Construction -- Ch. 1. The Essential Self (?) -- Ch. 2. An Untimely Meditation -- Ch. 3. The End of Humanism -- Ch. 4. The Unnameable -- Ch. 5. The Nightmare of Self-Loathing -- Conclusion: Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
- Dewey Decimal: 126
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: vii, 385 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (pb)
- Self (Philosophy)
- Subject (Philosophy)
- Perspective (Philosophy)
- Philosophy, Modern -- 19th century
- Philosophy, Modern -- 20th century
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books