The silent hero: a true escape story from World War II
The true story of a young deaf French boy, Pierre, who rescues a British pilot and helps him back across enemy lines during World War II.
"A Bullseye nonfiction book." "Read it to believe it." "Adapted from Poor Pierre by Lore Cowan from the book Children of the Resistance"--T.p. verso.
- LCC: D810
- Dewey Decimal: 940.53/44/092
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 96 p. ; 20 cm.
- Edition Info: $9.99
- Pierre,1926 or 7-Juvenile literature
- World War, 1939-1945 -- France -- Juvenile literature
- Children -- France -- Biography -- Juvenile literature
- Pierre,1926 or 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- France
- People with disabilities
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books