The Search for an Understanding: Administrative Communications Research and Focus Groups in Practice
A major contribution to the understanding of the place of the media in modern society, this book consists of the results of seven studies, each examining different aspects of society's complex relationship with television and other media. The studies include examinations of the attitudes of homosexuals toward the representation of sex and sexuality on TV; fictional violence and how viewers relate to it; election coverage and notions of impartiality and bias in political broadcasting; the 1991 Gulf War and its representation on world television; and the ability of broadcasters to edit scenes from factual programs, enabling them to produce their own preferred and more acceptable reading of the scenes.
- Dewey Decimal: 791
- Physical Description: 6.2"x9.1"x1.3"; 2.5 lb; 650 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2005-10-11
- Arts & Photography
- Humor & Entertainment -- Television
- Literature & Fiction -- History & Criticism
- Politics & Social Sciences -- Social Sciences
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books