Customer service, so important to success in business, is also a vital part of library service. Perhaps nowhere else does the concept play such a significant role as in the library reference department. Recent technological changes in the library have added myriad resources and searching techniques to an already complex encounter. This book shows librarians how to combine creativity with professional expertise to produce the happiest of results-a satisfied patron. Completely updated, this new edition reflects sociological and technological changes and trends that have transpired in the last decade. Current research methods in the areas of neutral questioning and interview evaluation have been incorporated, as have ALA's new guidelines and standards. After reviewing the historical background of, and research on, the reference interview, the authors discuss the effects of technology and how to serve special populations, emphasizing training and development while covering evaluation techniques.
- Dewey Decimal: 025.52
- Physical Description: 6.0"x9.3"x0.6"; 0.8 lb; 128 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 1997-05-15
- Business & Investing -- Industries & Professions -- Customer Service
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Library & Information Science -- Library Management
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Library & Information Science -- Reference
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books