"Explains the core competencies that distinguish successful presidential appointees. Draws on ideas developed by scholars of public and business management, as well as years of government service. Presents a guide to the key terms, laws, and regulations that new appointees will have to deal with once in office"--Provided by publisher.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 107-114) and index. Foreword -- Acknowledgements -- Part I. Competencies of a presidential appointee -- Leading for results -- Managing change -- Providing technical ability -- Leading others -- Leading yourself -- Maintaining global awareness -- Part II. The federal government -- Summary of the U.S. Constitution -- The legislative branch -- The executive branch -- Notes -- Index
- LCC: JK731
- Dewey Decimal: 352.3
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xii, 123 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Nonfiction -- Government -- Public Affairs & Administration
- Nonfiction -- Politics -- General
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Political Science -- Systems Of Government -- General
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Political Science -- United States -- Executive Branch
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Political Science -- Leaders & Leadership
- Cabinet officers -- Selection and appointment -- United States
- Government executives -- Selection and appointment -- United States
- Judges -- Selection and appointment -- United States
- Presidents -- United States
- United States -- Officials and employees -- Selection and appointment
Buying This Book
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books