The poetics of empire: a study of James Grainger's The sugar-cane
Includes bibliographical references (p. 313-332) and index.
- LCC: PR3499
- Dewey Decimal: 811
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: x, 342 p. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk.)
- Grainger, James,1721?-1766. -- Sugar cane
- Didactic poetry, English -- History and criticism
- Plantation life in literature
- Sugarcane industry -- Poetry
- Imperialism in literature
- Agriculture in literature
- Plantation life -- Poetry
- Imperialism -- Poetry
- Sugarcane -- Poetry
- Caribbean Area -- In literature
- Caribbean Area -- Poetry
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books