Written to assist anyone who works with webs directly or indirectly, The Plastic Film and Foil Web Handling Guide is a handbook for diagnosing and correcting problems with web handling technology. Covering web handling fundamentals, process-related technologies, troubleshooting, and solutions, it includes sufficient technical information to identify and correct defects in rolls (of film or foil). Readers will appreciate this unbiased look at web handling that also serves as a counterpoint to information from equipment suppliers. The text presents guidelines on:Roller alignment in machinesTensioning of webs Use of web spreading and guiding devicesUse of razor slittersShear knife slittersEdge trim removalTrim disposal Management of electrostatic charges on websWaste storage equipment Winding technology is presented that addresses gage variation issues, cores and mandrels, vibration, speed issues, web thickness issues, web strength issues, coated web issues, laminated web issues, clear film issues, winding tension profile issues, and lay-on roller issues. A guide for troubleshooting web-handling problems and a glossary of terms for quick reference is also provided.
- Physical Description: 6.1"x9.8"x0.6"; 192 pages; 0.9 lb
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2002-10-29
- Amazon.com -- Engineering -- Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems -- General
- Amazon.com -- Engineering -- Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems -- Industrial Design
- Amazon.com -- Engineering -- Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems -- Machinery
- Amazon.com -- Engineering -- Materials -- General
- Amazon.com -- Engineering -- Mechanical -- Machinery
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books