The nexus of law and biology: new ethical challenges
Includes bibliographical references and index. The perils of terminology and the saviour sibling dilemma / Barbara Ann Hocking and Eva Ryrstedt -- I sing of arms and the doctor : what role for law when medicine is called to war? / Piero P. Giorgi, Scott Guy and Barbara Ann Hocking -- Indigenous peoples and genetic population research : reflections on a culturally appropriate model of indigenous participant consent / Helena Kajlich -- The SARS epidemic in Hong Kong 2003 : interplay of law, medicine and ethics / Edwin Hui -- A proposal based on the tragedy of the commons : a museum of bioprospecting, intellectual property rights, and the public domain / Joseph Henry Vogel -- Law, ethics and wildlife disease: an Australian perspective / Hamish McCallum -- Environmental risk, environmental liability and the regulation of biotechnology: mediating law and biology? -- / Christopher Rodgers -- Legitimising regulatory decision making about genetically modified organisms under the Gene Technology Act 2000 / Charles Lawson and Richard Hindmarsh -- The Universal Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights : bioethics, a civilising utopia in the age of globalisation? / Christian Byk -- Conclusion : shuffling the law and biology ipod / Barbara Ann Hocking and Joseph Henry Vogel.
- LCC: K328
- Dewey Decimal: 343/.0786606
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxvii, 205 p. ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (hardback : alk. paper)
- Law -- Administrative Law -- Public
- Law -- English Law -- General
- Law -- Perspectives on Law -- Science & Technology
- Law -- Specialties -- Military
- Law -- General
- Medicine -- Physician & Patient -- Medical Ethics
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Sociology -- Culture
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Bioengineering -- Biotechnology
- Professional & Technical -- Law -- Administrative Law -- Public
- Professional & Technical -- Law -- Perspectives on Law -- Science & Technology
- Professional & Technical -- Law -- Specialties -- Military
- Professional & Technical -- Medical -- Medicine -- Medical Ethics
- Science -- History & Philosophy -- General
- Law and biology
- Biotechnology -- Law and legislation
- Indigenous peoples -- Legal status, laws, etc
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books