The New Science of Breath proposes a revolutionary theory of health based on autonomic nervous sytem balance - via breathing. Eastern cultures have held breathing in high esteem for thousands of years; references to its importance are to be found in some of civilization's earliest writings. Yet even today, while modern biological and medical sciences have made great strides in exploring and understanding the details of the human organism, including respiration at the cellular level, beyond gas exchange, the larger biological function of breathing remains something of a mystery and is generally taken for granted. The New Science of Breath introduces Coherent Breathing, an exciting approach to health enhancement. It is based on the premise that while at rest the adult cardiopulmonary system, inclusive of autonomic nervous system aspects, resonates at a specific frequency, this frequency being essentially the same for all adults. When the breathing frequency is consciously aligned with this "reference rhythm" with appropriate depth, it results in optimal autonomic nervous system balance. Autonomic nervous system balance yields mental and physical comfort, a positive emotional outlook, enhanced health and well-being, and improved biometrics.
- Dewey Decimal: 573
- Physical Description: 6.1"x9.0"x0.4"; 0.5 lb; 158 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2005-12-20
- Health, Fitness & Dieting
- Religion & Spirituality -- Occult
- Medical Books -- Medicine -- Internal Medicine
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books