The National Trust Manual of Housekeeping: Care and Conservation of Collections in Historic Houses
This revised edition of the Manual of Housekeeping is essential reading for all those interested in the care of historic houses and their collections, and includes the latest thinking on housekeeping theory and practice. It gives detailed practical guidance on how to care for fragile interiors, maintain decorative fixtures and fittings, and display furnishings and objects within their historic context. In particular, this book highlights the ways in which preventive conservation measures can help reduce the need for expensive repair at a later date. It also explains how to strike the balance between the care and display of historic interiors and the provision for public access. Full of engaging insights into traditional and modern housekeeping techniques, the Manual explains how the nations treasure homes have survived until today, and champions their future preservation, using conservation science, professional advice, and environmentally sustainable methods and materials. Written by internationally renowned specialists and published by the National Trust, this book brings togethermany years of practical experience in the care of hundreds of historic houses and their collections.
- Dewey Decimal: 720
- Physical Description: 8.5"x11.1"x2.1"; 7.0 lb; 928 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2011-07-27
- Arts & Photography -- Museums & Collections -- Preservation of Art
- Professional & Technical -- Architecture
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books